Apple Cider Vinegar: What is Apple Cider Vinegar & Its Health Benefits?
If you are a real fitness freak, then you must have heard about apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is everywhere, and everyone talks about it now. Although, it is not a new remedy. It was used as a natural remedy for many health problems for a long time, and people in recent times are becoming more aware of these types of natural remedies. Many individuals are trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle to improve their lives and making more natural choices. That is the reason you will see the use of apple cider vinegar has increased in recent times. You will hear the name apple cider vinegar anywhere where there is a conversation about food, health, and natural remedies.
Most people think that apple cider vinegar is excellent, and most of the health benefits of apple cider vinegar are endorsed by science. However, despite having several advantages, apple cider vinegar does not work wonders, and it can’t replace a regular balanced diet or exercise. It only helps in maintaining your health if taken along with regular exercise and a balanced diet. Drinking apple cider vinegar won’t show you any impact unless you take other steps to improve your health. Not only apple cider vinegar, but other remedies also won’t work if you do not take other measures. If you are among those individuals who don’t know what apple cider vinegar is and what is apple cider vinegar good for? Then read the entire blog.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
It is a type of vinegar prepared from apples. More specifically, it is a fermented apple juice. Apples are crushed and exposed to yeast to prepare the apple cider vinegar. By applying this process, the natural sugar present in the apple is fermented over time, and it becomes alcohol (similar to wine). The process is similar to preparing apple cider. The only difference in the process of making apple cider and apple cider vinegar is the apple cider vinegar is fermented two times. The first time, it will become alcoholic cider, and the second time, it will become vinegar, and the PH of apple cider vinegar is around 2 to 3, which is considered mild acidic.
Drinking apple cider vinegar will bring you many health benefits, which are discussed in the below sections. Apart from health benefits, ACV benefits include reduced cravings, which further help in weight loss and maintaining a healthy life. Apple cider vinegar also contains several nutrients, which means different types of health benefits.
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Here, we have discussed a number of apple cider vinegar benefits that can help you live a healthier life. Let’s start with a list first, and then in other sections, we will go into details about ACV benefits.
- Decreases cholesterol
- Reduces belly fat
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Decreases blood pressure and enhances heart health
- Lowers diabetes level
- It can help in enhancing digestion
- Minimizes and lowers the risk of cancer and slows the growth of cancer cells.
15 reasons to use Apple Cider Vinegar Everyday
As we know that the PH of apple cider vinegar is 2 to 3, which means its nature is acidic, you have to dilute it with water before drinking it. Directly drinking organic apple cider vinegar is not recommended. Let’s discuss the top 15 reasons to use apple cider vinegar every day.
- Energy boost: One of the ACV benefits is it works as an energy booster because of the presence of potassium and enzymes that helps you to get rid of fatigue. It also helps your muscles remove lactic acid and minimizes extra fatigue.
- Acid Reflux and Digestion: The problem of acid reflux usually occurs when there is minimal acid present in your stomach. This problem can be easily resolved by taking one spoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water every day. It also aids in soothing intestinal spasms.
- Weight Loss: One of the significant apple cider vinegar benefits is it is very helpful in weight loss. It increases satiety which further minimizes the entire quantity of food eaten. This rise is directly proportional to the acidic level in the ACV. For best results, you have to take 1-2 spoons of ACV and mix it into sixteen ounces of water and drink all day.
- Wart Elimination: The elimination of wart can be done by soaking a cotton ball in the ACV and keeping it on the wart with proper covering.
- Body Detoxification: ACV helps in detoxifying the primary filter organ in the body, which is the liver. When the liver is backed up with certain things, such as cholesterol minimizing medications, anti-inflammatories, unhealthy diets, alcohol, processed foods, and pollution, pollutants are recovered back through the bodies resulting in improved inflammation and disease. Because of these factors, it is necessary to keep the liver hygienic, and the best way to do it is to use apple cider vinegar on a daily basis.
- Sinus Congestion: The sinus congestion and infection can be reduced using organic apple cider vinegar as it helps break up and minimize mucous in the body.
- Sunburn Relief: You will be amazed to know that organic apple cider vinegar also provides relief from sunburn. You have to add a cup of apple cider vinegar to your bath and soak for 10 minutes.
- Detoxing your Home: Apart from the body, apple cider vinegar is also a great cleaning agent in your surroundings. It can be used in place of different household cleaning items such as chemicals and pesticides. Using organic apple cider vinegar minimizes the pollutants consumption inside our home and life.
- Whitening your Teeth: Gargling with ACV diluted in water can help in freshening your breath and whitening your teeth. Please note that while gargling, you have to rinse your mouth out subsequently as the PH of apple cider vinegar is 2 to 3, which implies its nature is acidic, which can damage your tooth enamel.
- Heart Health: One of the essential health benefits of apple cider vinegar found in animal studies is that it can minimize VLDL levels (which is the harmful form of cholesterol) and triglyceride levels.
- Shiny Hair: The elimination of product buildup on your hairs can be done with the help of Apple cider vinegar. You can take one cup of apple cider vinegar, mix it in four cups of water, and apply it to your hairs weekly to get silky and shiny hair. In the case of dandruff, take equal parts of water and vinegar and spray your scalp. Wrap it up in a towel and keep it like that for an hour; after that, rinse it out. You have to do this procedure two times a week to get the best results.
- Cleaning Windows: One of the best uses of apple cider vinegar is cleaning the windows of your house. You have to take a solution of water and vinegar and then apply it to the windows. You will be amazed to see the result, and it will not leave any streak also.
- Vegetable & Fruit Wash: We all know that vinegar is the most exceptional natural product for eliminating bacteria and pesticides from the new harvest. You have to prepare a mixture of water and vinegar in the ratio of 90 percent and 10 percent to soak the crop temporarily. Now place the vegetables and fruits in the prepared mixture, swish them and rinse carefully. Please note that this procedure is not recommended for fragile fruits such as berries. This process can damage delicate fruits as they can soak up excess vinegar because of their porous skins.
- Flea Repellent: Apple cider vinegar is one of the best products for your pets as it can be used as a flea repellent. You have to prepare a solution of vinegar and water in an equal ratio in a spray bottle. Now use the spray on your pet’s fur and rub in the solution. You have to keep doing the same process for a few days or up to a week until you get the best results and all the fleas disappear.
- Creative Cooking: Apple cider vinegar can be used in several cooking recipes. ACV is an excellent meat marinade that helps to smash the meat. It can be used in the dressing of salads; for example, take two tablespoons of honey, one fourth cup ACV, three fourth olive oil of premium quality, half teaspoon chopped garlic, one fourth teaspoon pepper, one and a half teaspoon salt, and prepare Apple cider vinaigrette. It is an excellent option for soups, cucumber salad, fish, sauces, preparing bone broth, and tuna fish salad. It is also a primary component in pickled or fermented vegetables, which aids in regrouping the virtuous bacteria in your gut. There are many more options where you can use apple cider vinegar in cooking recipes, and the examples are endless.
What is the mother in Apple Cider Vinegar?
As discussed earlier, apple cider vinegar is prepared from apple juice and is fermented to hard apple cider. The fermentation process is done one more time to make the end product which is apple cider vinegar. When produced in large amounts, it is said that it contains amino acids, minerals, vitamins, organic acids (like citric acid and acetic acid), and polyphenolic mixtures.
During the making of the apple cider vinegar, there is a buildup of bacteria and yeast while performing the steady fermentation process. This buildup of bacteria and yeast is called the mother in apple cider vinegar, and it contains the most beneficial elements such as proteins and enzymes. The mother in the apple cider vinegar makes it appear a bit cloudy and even appear in sediment or strands in the end product.
When purchasing, people often look for the one with mother still integral because this is the part that contains most of the beneficial elements. Ensure that it is shaken well before use to dissolve the mother.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Safe?
Now it’s time to talk. Is it really safe to take apple cider vinegar? If yes, then how much amount of ACV is considered safe to intake on a daily basis. In general, taking a tiny amount on daily basis is deemed to be safe, and doctors suggest that you don’t intake more than 8 ounces per day as it can cause various side effects. The side effects include low potassium levels that result in weakness and muscle cramps. If these side effects increase, then it could be dangerous. For diabetic patients, it is considered to take recommendations from the doctor before consuming apple cider vinegar as it can lower blood glucose levels. If you have any type of chronic health condition, then it is highly recommended to consult your doctor before using it. It is also recommended to avoid taking it directly as the PH of apple cider vinegar shows it is acidic in nature and can damage your esophagus and result in tooth and tooth enamel decay.
Reap all the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar by adding Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies to your daily regimen.